A search for info using an AI Chat Bot (Artificial Intelligent) for herbal teas that “may” help to prevent or remedy various cancers resulted in the following information:
1. Green Tea: Green tea is full of antioxidant compounds like polyphenols and epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), which can help reduce inflammation, protect against radicals and slow down cancer cell growth.
2. Ginger Tea: Ginger has been studied as an alternative treatment for cancer and shows promise in aiding with symptoms and side effects of chemotherapy, such as reducing nausea, vomiting and fatigue.
3. Turmeric Tea: Turmeric contains an antioxidant called curcumin, which has been linked to a decreased risk of several types of cancers and can help slow tumor growth.
4. Rooibos Tea: Rooibos contains flavonoids, antioxidants and according to some studies, it has anti-tumor properties that may be effective in preventing and reducing different cancer cells.
5. Peppermint Tea: Peppermint has been traditionally used to treat digestive symptoms, but recent studies also suggest it can help prevent the growth of cancer cells.
All the above teas can be used to make Kombucha.
Additionally, another lesser known plant commonly called “Small Ball Moss” (Tillandsia recurvata L.) “may” be very effective against various cancers (prostate cancer – PC-3, breast cancer Kaposi sarcoma, B-16 melanoma and a B-cell lymphoma) as demostrated in vitro and in vivo studies. Here is a link to one of a number of studies indicating its potential:
For additional studies use these keywords in a Google Search “Small Ball Moss cancer research”.
Small Ball Moss is not well known and is not commonly available for purchase as a “tea” ie; in tea bags or dried leaf form. However, I will be making it available to those who have an interest in using it to make Kombucha. Contact me if you have such an interest. Kombucha Tea made using Small Ball Moss + Green Tea has a very pleasant taste which is hard to describe.
Small Ball Moss growing on a